Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

This is the beginning of a very new adventure. I never thought I would be doing this, but here I am with the influence of my daughter.

Today was a great Mother's Day. All of my children and grandchildren with the exception of Matthew ate Sunday dinner at our house. We had a great day at church and Sunday night we celebrated our graduates with a (cold) picnic after church.

Tomorrow Jerry and I leave for an extended vacation with our destination being Colorado. This will be the very first time we have ever traveled without having a deadline to be back. As of April 30th, I no longer have to get up to an alarm clock. Wow is that ever great! Retirement is wonderful. I will try to post updates about our vacation, so please stop by to follow our adventures.

Here are a few pictures that were taken today.
Click on the picture below for more pictures.
Mother's Day 2008

13 comments:

Leanna Pitcher said...

I get to be your first comment. Welcome to the blog world! I can't wait to hear about all your adventures - especially on this long trip :) I will miss you SO MUCH! Don't forget to be back before 6/24/08 - haha :)

A Romantic Porch said...

Congratulations! How exciting to be retired. I hope we get to see you a lot more! Love,Rachel

Mo said...

I'm so excited for you, Glo! I miss you so much, but this helps. :) I love you!

Mo

Michele said...

Yipee! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! Can't wait to hear how your vacation is going. We will miss you, have a great time and be careful! Love you both!

Betty said...

HAPPY RETIREMENT AND HAPPY TRAVELING!!!!

So happy for your retirement. :) Just be sure to keep us posted along the way!! I am envious :(

love ya
Betty (& Jim too)

Beth Stetler said...

Welcome to blogging. It's a nice way to keep in touch. Have a wonderful trip.

Julie Waggoner said...

Welcome---I'll make sure I catch up on your vacation! Have a great time and enjoy that retirement!
After my Grandma retired she kept so busy she always said she didn't know how she ever had time to go to work!
Julie W

Tamra said...

Congratulations on your retirement Gloria! You deserve a long time of relaxation. We will certainly miss you and Jerry while you are away (partying without us :). Looking forward to see all your photos and hearing about your "adventures". Love you both!

Janella said...

So glad we will be able to see whats going on for the next almost 4 weeks. We will miss you! I'm so glad you and Jerry are taking a vacation, its a great way to start your retirement together:)Love you, Janella

The Going Blog said...

Welcome!!! I'm glad Leanna influenced you :-) Can't wait to see you this evening. That is a beautiful picture of you. I love your outfit.

sankey family said...

I just love your new blog, Gloria!
It is so fun chatting with you online as you head out for your vacation. I hope you and Jerry have a wonderful time - you deserve it!
Can't wait to see you soon.
Love you,
Melodie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your retirement. Hope you have a nice trip....don't forget to come home!! We'll miss you. Diana L.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you joined the blog world! Hope to read about your travels!! :)